Train services in India have been frozen due to the pandemic. However, the Ministry of Railways announced a small number of passenger trains will resume services beginning May 12. It was announced that train booking will start on May 11 from 4PM. While the IRCTC website was down, it had been announced that there was a delay because of some difficulties with information. We can confirm that the site is running and up and have checked.
Few trains will operate to Jammu Tawi, Ahmedabad, and Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Mumbai Central. Passengers will have the ability to reserve tickets using the IRCTC site or the IRCTC program that is mobile. Passengers can travel while wearing face masks and covers and they’ll undergo screening. Passengers with any of the symptoms that were coronavirus might not be allowed to travel.
How you can book your train ticket:
1. To book tickets via IRCTC one wants to have an account on the site. To do so, head to irctc.co.in in your browser and click Register at the bottom. Fill in all of your information, double-check themclick the enroll button to create your account.
2. After that, click the Login button.
3. As soon as you’ve logged in, go into the source and destination of your trip. Pick the date of travel as well as coach’s class. Hit on the Find Trains button to get a listing of trains available.
4. Select your preferred train clicking on Check fare and availability. You can go your tickets by clicking on Book Now if chairs on a particular train can be found.
5. Fill in all passenger particulars including name, age, sex, and berth preference. You will get choices like Novel only if confirmed berths are allocated, Consider for auto-upgradation, and Preferred trainer ID. Once you have entered all of the details, click Continue booking.
6. Review your booking and click Continue Booking to begin the payment procedure.
7. You’ll be redirected to a page where you will be asked to choose your preferred mode of payment such as credit card, debit card UPI, etc. You ought to have confirmation together with your ticket details once the payment has been made by you. You are able to download the ticket or use the one sent on your amount through SMS or email ID.
8. The identical process can be followed if you would like your tickets utilizing the IRCTC mobile program.